Foundation Boroondara is an independent strategic community philanthropist and an incorporated not for profit organisation. We are governed by a Board of Directors selected from the wider Boroondara community.
UPCOMING EVENTS AND NEWS
CHANCES Scholarship Applications for 2014 are now closed
Guidelines are still available from our CHANCES Scholarship Page.
Our AGM for 2013 will be held at the Cinema, Melbourne University, Auburn Road, Hawthorn, on Wednesday 6th November, from 5pm to 7.30pm.
Click here to download the invitation. All interested are welcome, but please ensure you RSVP as per the invitation.
To build a spirit of community and active citizenship
Our vision is to enhance and strengthen our community by working together to encourage understanding, participation, belonging and well being. As a catalyst for the Boroondara community we are committed to:
- Building and strengthening our sense of community
- Creating opportunities for active individual and corporate citizenship
- Giving back via grant making programs
- Partnering with philanthropic donors together with community agencies to create innovative programs
- Identifying and responding to emerging social issues
- Initiating social research
- Integrity and respect
- A diverse and inclusive community
- Partnership and teamwork
- Community strengthening by participation
- Philanthropy and sustainability
- Accountability, transparency and financial sustainability
Foundation Boroondara activities focus on two broad themes:
- Addressing the growing issue of social isolation
- Providing opportunities for children and young people in Boroondara achieve their potential