Foundation Boroondara is an independent strategic community philanthropist and an incorporated not for profit organisation. We are governed by a Board of Directors selected from the wider Boroondara community.
Change of name for Foundation Boroondara to Boroondara Cares Foundation
We are delighted to announce that the nine Rotary Clubs in the City of Boroondara have joined together with Foundation Boroondara to widen the opportunities for the Foundation to meet many community needs in the City of Boroondara.There will be a minimum of changes to Foundation Boroondara. The name will change to Boroondara Cares Foundation, but the existing structure and status with ASIC, the Australian Taxation Office, and the Australian Charities and Not for Profit Commission will remain the same. It is also intended that the existing programs of Foundation Boroondara will not only continue, but be enhanced with the additional members of the Rotary Clubs providing support where they are able. We anticipate that the new Boroondara Cares Board will be formed at a meeting on November 14th 2014. I shall remain in my role as Chair of Foundation Boroondara and Helen Worladge (CHANCES Program Manager) and other existing directors will continue with their roles in the initial stage. A constitutional change will mean that the Boroondara Cares Board must have a minimum of 60% Rotarians. This will not be a major change however, as several of the existing members of the Board of Foundation Boroondara are also members of Rotary Clubs.
Chairman, Foundation Boroondara
UPCOMING EVENTS AND NEWS
First Year Tertiary CHANCES Scholarship Applications for 2015 have CLOSED.
NEW - Check out our promotional video.
To build a spirit of community and active citizenship
Our vision is to enhance and strengthen our community by working together to encourage understanding, participation, belonging and well being. As a catalyst for the Boroondara community we are committed to:
- Building and strengthening our sense of community
- Creating opportunities for active individual and corporate citizenship
- Giving back via grant making programs
- Partnering with philanthropic donors together with community agencies to create innovative programs
- Identifying and responding to emerging social issues
- Initiating social research
- Integrity and respect
- A diverse and inclusive community
- Partnership and teamwork
- Community strengthening by participation
- Philanthropy and sustainability
- Accountability, transparency and financial sustainability
Foundation Boroondara activities focus on two broad themes:
- Addressing the issue of social isolation
- Providing opportunities for children and young people in Boroondara achieve their potential